02 July 2021
Switzerland vs Spain Tips
Everyone was tipping Switzerland to go out in the last 16 because people thought France was too strong for the Swiss, however, Switzerland shocked the world by beating France to book a place in the last eight. Beating the world champions will surely give Switzerland more confidence but the job is not yet done and they need to replicate their performance against France when they face Switzerland because Spain is also a very strong team.
Spain’s tournament got off to a slow start but they have improved a lot and they must now be feeling confident enough to at least go on to the final. Luis Enrique has to sort out his defense because they nearly cost Spain the last time out, but the strike force is firing from all cylinders now as they have scored 10 goals in the last 2 games.
This promises to be a great encounter, we expect France to have the majority of the ball and Switzerland must try to find a way of controlling then match without the ball.
Head-to-Head Switzerland vs Spain
- From their 4 previous meetings, Spain have won 2 matches and the other 2 matches were draws.
- The teams last met in 2020 in a Uefa Nations League match which ended as a draw.
Switzerland last 5 matches
- Switzerland have won 2 of their past 5 matches lost 1 and drawn 2.
- Switzerland drew 3 all with France in their most recent match.
Spain last 5 matches
- Spain have won 2 of their last 5 matches and drawn 3.
- Spain drew 3-3 with Croatia in their most recent match.
Our correct score prediction is a 2-2 draw.
The total goals will be Over 2.5 for this match.
Belgium vs Italy Tips
Belgium overcame Portugal in the last 16 but that victory was overshadowed by injuries to their star men Kevin De Bruyne and Eden Hazard, the good thing about this Belgian side is that they have one of the most talented squads at this tournament so Roberto Martinez will have good replacements, but will they be enough against Italy.
Italy performed extremely well in the group stages but they had a tricky last 16 tie against Austria which they could have easily lost. The Italians have to be at their best today because Lukaku and company will be ready to pounce on any mistakes.
This is a top of the drawer match pitting two of Europe’s biggest teams and we are likely to witness strong attacking play from both teams.
Head-to-Head Belgium vs Italy
- From their previous 4 meetings, Italy have won 3 and Belgium have won only 1.
- The two teams last met in 2016 in a Euro – Play Offs match, and Italy recorded a comfortable 2-0 win over Belgium.
Belgium last 5 matches
- Belgium have won 5 of their 5 previous matches.
- In their most recent match, Belgium beat Portugal 1-0.
Italy last 5 matches
- Italy have won 4 of their past 5 matches and drawn 1.
- Italy drew their most recent match 0-0 against Austria.
Correct Score Tip
The correct score tip for this match is a 1-1 draw.
The goals for this match will be BTTS (Yes).